Saturday, April 5, 2008

RANT

More and more I am convinced our society is truly fooked. People just don't give a shit, are incompetent and the whole thing is falling down.

Last night I went to a movie. Three people in the row in front of me were texting throughout the movie. Not so big a deal, except the CHIRP CHIRP when the reply came in. Or the nice shiny big BRIGHT screen in a dark theater. Or the comments made to the people next to them about the text. And these weren't punk ass 15 year olds. These were grown men and women in their 30s or 40s.

Today went to a restaurant for lunch. Ordered a special. Special should have been $9. Instead I was charged $11. Again not a huge deal but I told the guy no it should be $9, you charged me the wrong set of things. It was like talking to a wall. Luckily his manager was right there and she figured it out.

Then to top it off I went to my bank. I won't mention the name but it starts with Bank and end in America. I deposited a check at the ATM. I got no receipt although it said transaction was completed. OK so I went inside, explained what happened to a tell and asked if I could get a receipt from her. Again talking to a wall. Her reply was well do you have online banking, you can check online? I was about to lunge over the counter and punch her. Finally another clerk came by and said she'll try to print a receipt. Turn out that is not possible since they cannot print out receipts for customers. They can print it out internally but not for customers. So I said, OK can you give me a written receipt. Again talking to a wall. Finally a manager came by and he wrote me up a receipt. And at home I checked my online banking and surprise surprise there is no hint of any transactions. So my check is who knows where and will take who knows how long to track down.

This is the product of 40 years of a dumbed down society that teaches its kids about Johnie having 3 daddies instead of the 3 Rs. People are fucking clueless about the environment around them. They don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and to hell with everyone else. I can't wait until these imbeciles take care of me when I'm old.

No comments: