Friday, November 30, 2007

For English, Press 1

I got a call today from AT&T. It was a survey call asking me how satisfied I was with their level of service for a recent customer support call I made. OK I figured what the hell, I'll take the call, the woman who helped me was really nice and I'd give her feedback.

But the automated questions were bilingual. The question was asked in English then Espanol and then I was prompted to choose English or Espanol for my answer. I quickly hung up.

My message to AT&T: You want my help in analyzing the effectiveness of a call I made IN ENGLISH ask me about it in English.

Oh but at least English was option 1, so I guess AT&T does care after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spanish speakers are doing the telephone survey jobs Americans won't do.