Thursday, August 7, 2008

Do you have the Olympic Fever yet?

I sure as hell don't and won't any time soon. Journalists being jailed. Ex-athletes being denied visas. Internet access denied. Indeed a showing of goodwill and friendship.

I will personally not watch one second of this disgusting spectacle and I encourage everyone else to boycott as well. Don't watch, don't discuss, don't give a shit about it. And I know it's hard to do, but try to limit the amount of Made in China products you consume during this time as well.

That is unless you think a Berlin 1936 like display of Chinese might is a good thing. In which case by all means, stay glued to the tee-vee for the next 2 weeks and wait on pins and needles to see if Joe Sad Story Smith from Somewhere Irrelevant, Midwest finishes the 10,000 meter race despite the fact his dog died 3 days ago. I'm sure there will be no shortage of those tear jerker stories on NBC.

No comments: