Monday, September 8, 2008

No media bias, part 19,971

Last night while flipping around on the tee-vee I noticed CNN had "special reports" on McCain and Obama. Each had a documentary type of show chronicling how they got to run for prez. I didn't watch since I know what both shows will say. Barrack = saint liberal out to chance the world. McCain = crazy conservative out to accumulate lots of houses. And CNN would deny that there is a bias of course.

What CNN can't really deny is the time slots though. St. Barry's profile ran in the sweet spot of prime time between 9 and 11. McCain on the other hand was between 11 and 12:30. Maybe it's just me, but I somehow doubt the same amount of people are watching between 9-11 as they are between 11 and 12:30. Then again given the spin on both candidates, maybe it's best McCain did run that late and nobody actually watched it.

And on CNN Headlines News, they spent an hour dissecting the "celebrity" reaction to Sarah Palin. No really, this was not an onion tv episode. I caught a small segment where they were talking about P. Diddy (that's Sean Puffy Combs, or Puff Daddy or Diddy for those of you confused by the new name) and his video about the matter. And this was done in a serious journalistic way. Like oh my god John, like P. Diddy like so totally dissed Sarah Palin, like could you believe it it? I guess I'm like gonna vote for Barrack cuz like you know, if like P. Diddy is like against something, I'm like you know, going to be against it too.

And yet somehow CNN is respected as a new network even to this day.

But there's no media bias out there, oh no, not at all.

No comments: