Monday, October 20, 2008

Tax Cuts?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Obama promising up and down that any family making under $250K a year will get a tax cut? I know I saw at least 29 commercials yesterday saying so. Then why is it when I use Obama's own calculator available here and enter my income as $200K to $250K, filing married, the result I get is this:

"You will probably not get a tax cut under the Obama-Biden plan."

Play around with that thing for 2 minutes and it quickly becomes crystal clear that "tax cuts" are nothing more than welfare give aways. Someone making $20K a year, who right now pays $0 in taxes, will get $1000 "tax cut". That's all you need to know about Obama's fiscal policies, right there.

And anyone making over $50K a year who plans to vote for him thinking, oh goodie, I get a tax cut, well you're a moron.

No comments: