Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is it wrong to be so right?

Remember back oh I dunno 6, 12, 24 months ago when real estate experts like Dave Ramsey were saying now is the best time ever to buy real estate?

Here is an example of a dumb ass that fell for those lies...lies which are still being repeated by charlatans like Dave Ramsey today.

I can see the conversation that took place:

Real Estate Agent: This is a steal. You will never get anything so cheap again

Dumb Ass: Yeah but $479,000 is a lot, especially since I only make $47K a year.

Real Estate Agent: You kidding me, this will be worth $700K in 2 years, slam dunk. And you just refi then and it's no problem. And this is Atlanta remember. It's different here. We can't possibly have a housing crash. Everyone is moving to Atlanta, we're the new New York don't you know?

Dumb Ass: OK, you're the expert, where do I sign?

No comments: